Monday, May 19, 2008

not enough time in the day

I normally do several blogs at a time about once every 2 weeks and then I post them one at a time every few days. This time is going to be a little different. I have been so busy doing other things lately. What you ask, I'm not sure, I'm all over the place, so now as Peyton naps and Micah is in school and Ben and Jake are playing at Luke's house, I will do as much as I can as fast as I can! I have so many interests, I love to read and to scrapbook and to have a clean and organized house and play with my kids etc, etc. I think that at times I try to do too much, I'm spreading myself a little thin. I have been spending more time with the kids, and I honestly don't think there is anything else better I could be doing than that. My other "project" is organizing and editing all of our digital photos, we have about 3 1/2 years worth. I am rotating, removing red eye, uploading to Costco and saving them on my external hard drive (Happy Mother's Day to me!) After I'm done with that, I plan on burning them on a disc. So, my kids think I am now attached to Tyler's laptop that he is now letting me use for all of my photo needs because it was slowing our dinosaur computer down too much. I am very excited to get organized and caught up with all this stuff. For those of you that don't know me too well, I am a project girl. I jump in all the way and go until I'm finished, from one project to the next. This summer I am looking forward to and planning on going through the entire house and minimizing and organizing everything. Ok, so now here are some photos from the last few weeks.

May 8
Diego is not your typical chihuahua, he loves kids, especially cuddling up to them when they aren't bouncing all over the place, it took him no time at all to get comfy with the newest member of our family. Peyton is now mesmerized by him and loves trying to grab him.

May 9
I was able to chaperone Jacob's field trip to the Ag Farm at one of our local high schools. Tyler had taken the day off so he could take the boys up early to Father's and Son's, also known as the Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration. I don't have any photos of that because they were all taken on Micah's camera, so maybe I'll get that one next time. Micah got sick just before they left, he was just laying on the bed until it was time to go, and then when they got up the mountain he threw up several times and then they found out that Auberry Ward had snaked all the campsites, so they had to drive around a bunch to find another place, which Micah tells me was not nearly as good as the one they went to the last few years. Luckily he felt better quickly and all 4 boys had a good time, just not as good as last year! Anyway, Jacob's field trip was fun, we got to see several different stations which I'll picture some of them below. That night I had my first annual girls night. My mom and my sister came over and we watched 3 movies (one was Legend, really good) and ate Subway and ice cream. My sister spent the night and slept in Tyler's place. It was a very fun evening, even with the pretty big argument that my mom and my sister got into at the beginning of our evening. I will definately do it again next year.

We sat next to each other on the ride there, it was Jacob's 1st bus ride!
Carpentry is a skill that farmers need in order to build barns and pens for animals.
Wow, I was surprised that they gave a bunch of kindergartners hammers and nails!
Jacob trying out his hammering skills, this was something I did a lot as a kid being that my dad was a roofer. I didn't realize it until this day, I don't think any of my kids have hammered nails into wood. I was a pro by age 5.
We got a tour of the greenhouse, pretty cool (not the temp though!), it was also very big.
Potato sack races, I guess too fill in some time, I don't know if that's a popular activity with farmers or not!
We learned all about dairy cows, and about beef cows. Did you know we use the oil in cows for our toothpaste? Just about every part of the cow is used. This is Jacob milking a "cow".
Very loud sheep.
Jacob didn't want to get very close, I guess it's been too long since I've taken him riding.
He didn't want to get too close to the mama pigs and their babies, I think the high school kids scared them with a story about getting their finger bitten off. It wasn't true either!

I think you got him!
Lunch back at the school, what a hot and busy day!

May 11
I got to sleep in on Mother's Day and then all 3 boys and Tyler came in singing "Mother I love you" with a breakfast tray of toast, yogurt, pears, cheerios and milk. Each of the boys made a card for me and they were all very cute, I especially got a kick out of the inventive spelling in Jacob's card. Tyler gave me a somewhat large box to open and before I opened it he made sure I knew we could take it back if I didn't like it. He told the guys at work what he got me and they seemed to think he might be in trouble. That was my external hard drive. He knows me very well and is the best gift giver. He knows what I want, even when I may not. I have never been disappointed in his gifts. The rest of the day wasn't fantastic, the kids had a hard day for some rehson, oh yeah, they were really tired and worn out from Father's and Son's! The morning was so nice though that it was allright that the rest of th day was poopy. Jacob gave a great talk in Primary too, he read the whole thing all by himself and Tyler had helped him a little to write it.

I painted Peyton's toenails and my toenails the same color. Tyler didn't like it too well, but I thought it was very cute. It did look rather surprising though, to see such little toenails polished.

May 16
Peyton looked so cute in her orange sunsuit from Nana Paula that I had to get some pictures. She is such a good sleeper and a very happy baby. Sometimes she sleeps 11 hours during the night without waking up, maybe that's why she is always in such a great mood, she's well rested!

May 18

Peyton is already 4 months old! Today I stayed home from church with Jake and Peyton because Jake woke up with a fever of 103 and a sore throat. He seemed fine but because of the fever I really didn't think he should be around other kids. He helped me give Peyton a bath and we read from the Friend and played games on It was nice spending one on one time with him. When the rest of the family came home we read some from the newest Friend and then got a game of Life going, we had to break for dinner and the game didn't end until almost 8pm! I actually won, it was fun. We are playing a lot more games lately because Ben is now at an age where he can do pretty well with a little help.

1 comment:

The Gage Cage said...

I love the orange flower! Super cute!!! I went with Heidi to that field trip last year. I have never smelt such bad smelling pigs before. Oh man....I was lucky that I wasn't pregnant. Yuk!! I thought the students at that school looked like a good group of kids though. Anyway, it's fun to be see your new pictures. =)