Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fences and Frogs

Although we're a bit late for a garden this year plans are underway to be ready for the next planting season! Tyler built a fence and gate to surround our garden area and had some help from the boys. This year we are going to make it a pumpkin patch, I thought that would be something fun for everyone and I hear it helps make the soil richer for planting season.


As you may know from previous posts, my kids have a thing for frogs. The boys have on many occasions roamed the neighborhood collecting and naming frogs. Well, on May 12 I was sitting at the kitchen table watching Peyton through the windows playing in the backyard. It appeared that she was holding a large rubber frog, well, we don't have a large rubber frog. So I went out to see what she had...

Click on the picture to see the shot of her frog I captured. She kept letting the frog loose in the fountain and then picking him back up, as soon as the frog would start squirming Peyton would squeal and let him go again.

8 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I didn't know that planting pumpkins makes the soil richer for next year!

Krissy said...

The frog thing would gross me out. At least we don't have to worry about frogs here...just deer.

Susie Demke said...

That is funny! They have no idea. Don't freak her out about it though. Then she will always squash the spiders and stuff. For you.

The Faridoni Fam said...

good to know about the pumpkins cause I'm expanding my garden for next year.

Melissa said...

Be glad she is not afraid. Lauren convinced Connor that he should be afraid of flies! It is such fun:)

Zanny said...

What a good dad and great little helpers! Be sure to put pictures of your pumpkin patch up! The fence is too cute! I can see the green vines climbing up it already!

Momma J said...

Miss P is way too cute! "Look Ma, I caught a frog!" (she totally has older brothers)

Luna said...

VERY cute! What a fun toy!