Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November is gone!

My how that month went by! Here is the picture of Jacob I promised. We let him open his gifts from Nana Byn and Papa Ron on Thanksgiving, the day before his birthday. What you see around him are family members participating in the tooting part of the birthday song, a Laing tradition. I am thankful for traditions, both old and new.
I am thankful for cousins! We only had one cousin with us on Thanksgiving, but we are very thankful for him and that he lives so close by.
I am also thankful for the beautiful Rainbow that appeared for Jacob's birthday! Peyton and I were the only ones in our house that were very happy to see such a perfect rainbow, a double rainbow! I am thankful to no longer be the only girl in the house too!
My pictures don't do it justice, it was so bright!
I am pretty sure I already siad this, but I am thankful that our Christmas decorations are up, even our outside lights. Daddy was on the ball this year. We all really enjoyed decorating the house this year, more than any other year I can think of. I let the boys put the fun tree up in their room and they decorated it all by themselves and did such a great job on it. Below is our main tree with our pretty and special ornaments, I love it!
I think I've said this one before too, I am thankful for the sister missionaries! We had them over for dinner last night, and my sister too, for Enchiladas, one of my favorites. They taught our lesson for family night, it was great, Sister Johnson did a lesson about the great Apostasy, cups and all. The kids were wild and crazy, they reminded me about Elder Bednar's talk from the last conferance. Fortunately the Sisters are very sweet, I even think Sister Tupoe thought they were pretty funny, but don't tell them that!
Peyton loves the Sisters, especially after she's warmed up to them for about an hour! Sister Tupoe just learned English a few months ago and she is amazing. I like to throw as much slang at her as I can and talk as quickly as I can, you know, so I can challenge her and help her improve her English. I can never stump her and she never misses a beat!

No comments: