Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jesus loves Me books

WOW! I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. I guess all those thankful posts wore me out! I have been preparing like crazy for Christmas and trying to stay on top of everything else, so, to say the least...I have been busy.

A few, well, several years ago, back when I had only 2 kids, my sister in law, Becca made a book for each of my kids. There was a page for each family member with a picture saying "Daddy loves Micah" and so forth. The last pages in the books was a picture of Jesus and it said, "Jesus loves Micah" and in Jacob's it of course said, "Jesus loves Jacob!" Well, these books were well loved, especially by Benjamin. Yep, one of my kids that didn't have one. He looks through his brothers books all the time pointing out and naming all the family members. Well, many people have been added to our family since then, and Ben and Peyton didn't have one, so I decided to make them one using my digital scrapbooking stuff. I do believe it would be called a hybrid book! That is where you use digital stuff to make something tangible. Anyhow, I set out making Benji's book first and Micah saw it and he of course thought it was pretty cool and asked if I could redo his book (the books my sister in law made were a picture glued on construction paper and the words printed or typed on and then laminated, nothing fancy but very well loved!) I do believe they were made even before either of us were much into scrapbooking, and definately before things went digital. So I made the decision to make a book for each of my kids. There are about 40 pages for each book.

I have posted several so you get the idea. After I post this blog I am going to upload them all to Costco and order the prints!!! Becca, thanks for the idea, I love you!











Hope it inspires you! Also, I am going to try to do some catching up on my other blog, Out of the Mouths of Babes, so the posts here may be few and far between, so if you miss me, go read my other blog, leave a comment there too, no one ever comments, I often wonder if anyone ever even reads that one!

5 comments:

jennifer said...

just for the record, i always read ALL of your posts. those "out of the mouths" posts usually leave me chuckling to myself at the computer. they're awesome.

and thanks for the awesome idea! you have so much digi scrapbook stuff! if i did pages like those they might all come out looking the same.

i would like to make books like that. and i'd also like to make a proclamation book. have you seen those yet? they are gorgeous. here's a link to one that my friend made: http://krisandco.blogspot.com/2009/08/proclamation-on-family.html

you are one talented girl. thanks for sharing!

Grandmotherfairy said...

Darling Kelly.........

Scrapally said...

you do a great job! Those pages are beautiful! Someday you're gonna have to show me how you do that. And yes, I read your other blog...it gives me great laughs!!!! Love your family!!!

Becca said...

Soooooo cute!!! Much better than the ones I made you guys years and years ago. We love you!!

Caleen said...

Cute ideas. The pages are so cute. I always read your blog too. I love it and laugh too. You have a darling family.. Love you all. I will comment more too.. Sometimes I am just on for a quick look.. Hope you are having Happy Holidays.