Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This was the highlight of the week

I know, I'm a slacker. I just have not felt like blogging. Spring break seems so long ago now. This was a very fun day though, so I felt obligated to document.
We got started late, Tyler needed to check the tires and found a nail in one and ended up getting all new tires on the van. It was nice though, a relaxing morning with some lego building. When we got to the beach our first stop was some shopping in Pismo, Micah got a sword and Jacob, Ben and Peyton each got a webkin (50% off, SCORE!) I got this picture walking behind them, I thought it was too cute.
We were all starving so we got some $5 subway sandwiches and headed to the park in shell beach. It was pretty cold and very windy but fun, and beautiful!


We all flew kites, all of us with the exception of Miss P. She wanted to, but every time I put it in her hands she freaked out when it pulled her and she let it go. I wish the wind would get as good here, we loved flying our kites.


When we had enough of the kites we played.
After the park we headed down to the water and sand at Avila, another favorite spot. I left the camera in the car. The kids were disappointed that I didn't pack suits or towels, but I did that on purpose. I didn't want to deal with the mess. Little did I know that the freezing water, wind and lack of swimming attire or towels would deter the boys from going in the ocean. I guess I occassionally forget what it's like to be a kid! Peyton had fun sitting on the sand with me and collecting some rocks. Everytime the water would wash up too close she would scream and run, she really didn't want the water to touch her at all. I love that girl.
We will definately be making more trips to the beach this summer with our kites in tow, and maybe or suits too!

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Peyton with her sweet little curls walking with Daddy...life doesn't get much better than that! ...or maybe that picture of them all waiting for their Subway! :)

Becca said...

It looks like you guys had sooooo much fun! I remember being at Avila Beach with you guys!!! We need to do that again before too long!! Love you guys!!

~H said...

That all sounds like a blast! I would have loved to watch Little P. with all of those fun experiences she was having! and pismo.....!!!!!! could I be any more jelious!? hehehe jk I'm so glad you all had a blast!

We miss you guys like crazy!!!! I hope all is going well! Yes Makylas birthday was the 20th. But she knows you love her! No worries! :) xoxoxo Sure love you guys! xoxoxoxoxoxo is that enough hugs and kisses, cus for me i'm still feeling a lack! :) xo