Saturday, May 29, 2010

Too Fast

Peyton played in the bath with Jake and Ben for awhile, and then just her and Ben were in there for a long time plating with "guys". It was so cute to listen to her. "Ahhh, help me, I'm falling."
"I'll help you." When I got her out I wrapped her big pink towel around her and she asked me to caryy her like a baby. Of course then Ben requested to be carried like a baby too. I carried Peyton to her changing table, went back and got Ben, carried him to his room and then went back for P. I took off her fingernail polish because it was old and chipped. I told her that her toes looked fine still so we'd leave it for now. She very sweetly asked me to paint them pink (they were gold). I said sure and got the polish. As I was polishing her nails I was telling her about when I was pregnant with her and how I felt when they told me she was going to be a girl. I said that I didn't want to be too happy or too excited in case she wasn't. I told her how one of the first things I thought about was being able to poish her nails. She responded, "Can I go to sleep?" It was too sweet. I told her she could and she did. I finished her toe nails and went ahead and did her fingernails because she was so still. They've never come out better. I stood over her for some time just watching her sleep. She is so sweet and cute and precious to me. I wish that they didn't get big as fast as they do. She is still laying on the changing table drying. I think I'll move her to her bed now.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

so sweet. I too, wish they didn't grow so fast.

Grandma Honey said...

Oh the precious moments of being a mom...

Unknown said...

Does it get any better?? No I think not !!!