Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Men's Shirt to Girl's Dress

I found this shirt of Tyler's in the garage in our "to get rid of" box. I was sad, at first, I bought it for him for Christmas a few years ago and I thought it looked really good on him. Apparently the sleeves were too short. Then, I came across this (MADE, dana-made-it) tutorial. It seemed a little out of my comfort range but I decided to tackle it.
This of course was the BEFORE shirt. Tyler had to help me draw out the sleeve pattern, and it worked, we make a great team!



Here it is all finished, and below, my model, complete with bed head.



My in laws took her to the Rodeo Parade on Saturday morning and here she is wearing it paired with her little red boots.



Perfect, she'll be wearing this to church on Sunday too. The cowboy hat she insisted on but it covers up her adorable little piggy buns. Like the hand on her hip? She did that pose all on her own.




6 comments:

Luna said...

So cute! I was looking at that tute too. Now maybe I will try it! Don't you love it when you get clothes for your kids for "free" ( after all you did buy the original shirt, and you had to make it) but sorta free!

AWESOME job! She looks adorable in it. But she would look good no matter what!

Scrapally said...

too too cute!!! You are getting too talented for me to hand around with! lol. I'm very impressed. Add that to the list of classes you're gonna teach at RS...

Janelle Ehat said...

Super cute!! I'm impressed!! She is such a doll too! I can't believe how old she is!

jennifer said...

that dress is so dang cute. i love that it was fREE! i also love how versatile it is. dress it up for church with some cute white sandals and a big flower in her hair. or dress it down for a casual look with some boots and a cowboy hat. you are my reuse/repurpose hero!

Kelly said...

You are amazing, how bout you teach me how to make bows..

Unknown said...

I love the dress and that it is from a shirt of dad's makes it even more special !! You are very talented Miss Kelly !!!