Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Traditions from Whittaker Woman's blog

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper! It's just simply not as fun to open a gift bag as it is to rip paper, they go better together under the tree too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We are artificial people, the cost and upkeep of real just won't work for us.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Day after Christmas, I really don't like Christmas decorations after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but my husband hates it so I never get it. I also love Egg Nog Ice Cream.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? well, probably my pink scooter my dad got me when I was 8 or 9.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sadly, me. I like a lot of stuff. Other than me, probably my mom.
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes, one from the Dollar Tree, make that 2, from different years, and a silver one that someone left piece by piece on our doorstep last year or the year before, it's missing Joseph though, they must have been busy that night.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, for sure, but I may post mine on my blog.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year I got a Barbie from my Aunt Troy and I acted like a huge snot about it because my older sister got earrings and a purse and I wanted to get a big girl gift too. I really did like the Barbie though, I just acted like I was too old for it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, hands down, I love Small One too, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Last year we were done before Thanksgiving, this year we are still not done yet.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of, but I wouldn't put the idea above me!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Goodies like divinity and fudge and sugar cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, I like white, or blue, my kids like the multi color though, so that's what we'll have until they are too old to care anymore.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night and Mary did you know?
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, and it's Donder not Donner!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hello, Santa delivers them Christmas night so Christmas morning is when you open them! We open new jammies on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It gets too busy to enjoy spending relaxing time with family doing fun holiday traditions.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? In my bedroom I have a 2 ft. tree with blue and silver ornaments and blue lights, I love it. I also saw a bunch of very retro ornaments at Target this year that would look great on a white or aqua tree, they were pink and lime green and fun funky colors. I can only do my themed tree in my room on my little tree, the kids have their fun tree and then we have our pretty and special tree with keepsake ornaments on it.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Honeybaked ham, salad, cresent rolls.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happy kids, Peyton's 2 front teeth to come in, I always love books.

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Many of my answers would have been the same as yours. I also don't understand why some open gifts on Christmas Eve...especially when you have children. Love how you said you are artificial people :) So are we. And there are no pine needles to try to clean up afterwards.
Merry Christmas!

Whittaker Woman said...

I agree with you... No Christmas after Christmas

Grandmotherfairy said...

Very fun Kelly...we have gone artificial too, the lights are always even!!!!