Friday, December 26, 2008

What a crazy Christmas!

Christmas Eve eve (hee hee) we went to our wonderful friends the Stutzman's house and put the kids to bed there and played a few games of Magic. We left Ben and Jake there to spend the night. The next day was Christmas Eve and I got to spend the morning with my oldest and my youngest. I sat at the kitchen table and did fun Christmas paper crafts all morning. After I picked up the other boys we did some more crafts and then decorated our sugar cookies and our gingerbread cookies. Ty came home from work and we opened Christmas Eve jammies and went to my in laws where we did more crafts, tin soldiers and our Santa name cards, so Santa knows where to leave our gifts! The kids said it was the best Christmas EVER.
Christmas morning the kids came in bed with us and we read scriptures and talked and then did our whole family gift opening thing. After that we got ready and webt back to my in-laws and opened some more gifts and then used our new GPS to get to my parents house. Yes, I know how to get there anyway, but you gotta play with your new toys! It is really cool though.
At my parents house we opened even more gifts and had a wonderful time and great food. The night ended on a really low note, but we won't go into that now. Overall it was an amazing Christmas and I am really feeling my blessings. I hope you all felt the love our Heavenly Father has for us and had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family.

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I love how you read scriptures in bed with the kids before opening the gifts. Your children will always remember that because whatever we do on Christmas day...being it is such a defining day in childhood...or kids will remember.
I hope everything is okay Kelly. I'm concerned now about the low note.

RMCarter said...

I am glad your kids felt this was the best Christmas ever!

I, too, am concerned about how it ended. I hope you are okay.

Caleen said...

It sounds like you had such a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year
to you.. You are a great family..
God Bless.