Monday, December 15, 2008

Friends are Fantastic!

I have recently made a conscious effort to spend more time with my friends and I've really enjoyed it. Tyler and I also do more things with OUR friends. Here are just a few recent events along with my cliff notes review of Twilight. Yes, I have been neglecting my blog and my e-mail and my facebook and my myspace, ok, pretty much the computer all together. There is just way to much to do on the computer and I guess I'm suffering computer burnout, and I've been spending more time with friends!!!!

Fresno State Football game with the Olsens (Shawn and Kendra)
We had fun visiting, Kendra is about as into football as I am. Those are Tyler's fingers, not mine.
Aren't these guys so cute?!
November 20th, Midnight premere with Barbara and Donna.

November 23, another Twilight show with Jen, Kendra, Laawna, and Lydia.

Ok, so for my review...

I loved it! I enjoyed it even more the second time. It was very cheesy and had several fuuny parts, just like the book. So for all of you out there complaining of the cheese, did you not read the book? The book was cheesy. I wasn't happy with who they cast as Edward until I saw the movie and I thought he was great. Bella was also cast perfectly in my opinion. I loved the ballet studio scene and thought the special effects for it were done really well. I was happy with the Cullens, the one thing I thought that could have been done much better was the vampire's make-up. For condensing a large book into a movie I thought they did great, especially developing the characters, they kept them true to form. There were a few scenes from the book that didn't make it in that I wished would have, like when Bella bleeds in biology. Anyway, they can't get it all in! I am excited for the rest of the movies now.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Kelly, I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun..friends are awesome! I'm glad that you liked Twilight...I liked it better the second time. It will be fun to see how they do the other books!!

Shauna said...

Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Caleen said...

You are so right.. I need to pay more attention to my friends.. hint..
I really loved the movie too. It was cheesy but, It still had me entranced. I want to see it again..
Hope you are enjoying the Holidays.
The season goes so quick.. Merry Christmas..

Yasmine said...

You're right, it's a delicate balance. I know I'm guilty of neglecting my friends sometimes and part of it could be that I've reconnected with old friends through the computer. You've inspired me to have a girls night out!