Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas morning the kids came in bed with us and we read scriptures and talked and then did our whole family gift opening thing. After that we got ready and webt back to my in-laws and opened some more gifts and then used our new GPS to get to my parents house. Yes, I know how to get there anyway, but you gotta play with your new toys! It is really cool though.
At my parents house we opened even more gifts and had a wonderful time and great food. The night ended on a really low note, but we won't go into that now. Overall it was an amazing Christmas and I am really feeling my blessings. I hope you all felt the love our Heavenly Father has for us and had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? We are artificial people, the cost and upkeep of real just won't work for us.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Day after Christmas, I really don't like Christmas decorations after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but my husband hates it so I never get it. I also love Egg Nog Ice Cream.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? well, probably my pink scooter my dad got me when I was 8 or 9.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sadly, me. I like a lot of stuff. Other than me, probably my mom.
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes, one from the Dollar Tree, make that 2, from different years, and a silver one that someone left piece by piece on our doorstep last year or the year before, it's missing Joseph though, they must have been busy that night.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, for sure, but I may post mine on my blog.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year I got a Barbie from my Aunt Troy and I acted like a huge snot about it because my older sister got earrings and a purse and I wanted to get a big girl gift too. I really did like the Barbie though, I just acted like I was too old for it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, hands down, I love Small One too, and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Last year we were done before Thanksgiving, this year we are still not done yet.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of, but I wouldn't put the idea above me!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Goodies like divinity and fudge and sugar cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, I like white, or blue, my kids like the multi color though, so that's what we'll have until they are too old to care anymore.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night and Mary did you know?
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, and it's Donder not Donner!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hello, Santa delivers them Christmas night so Christmas morning is when you open them! We open new jammies on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It gets too busy to enjoy spending relaxing time with family doing fun holiday traditions.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? In my bedroom I have a 2 ft. tree with blue and silver ornaments and blue lights, I love it. I also saw a bunch of very retro ornaments at Target this year that would look great on a white or aqua tree, they were pink and lime green and fun funky colors. I can only do my themed tree in my room on my little tree, the kids have their fun tree and then we have our pretty and special tree with keepsake ornaments on it.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Honeybaked ham, salad, cresent rolls.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happy kids, Peyton's 2 front teeth to come in, I always love books.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Fresno State Football game with the Olsens (Shawn and Kendra)
We had fun visiting, Kendra is about as into football as I am. Those are Tyler's fingers, not mine.
Aren't these guys so cute?!
November 20th, Midnight premere with Barbara and Donna.
I loved it! I enjoyed it even more the second time. It was very cheesy and had several fuuny parts, just like the book. So for all of you out there complaining of the cheese, did you not read the book? The book was cheesy. I wasn't happy with who they cast as Edward until I saw the movie and I thought he was great. Bella was also cast perfectly in my opinion. I loved the ballet studio scene and thought the special effects for it were done really well. I was happy with the Cullens, the one thing I thought that could have been done much better was the vampire's make-up. For condensing a large book into a movie I thought they did great, especially developing the characters, they kept them true to form. There were a few scenes from the book that didn't make it in that I wished would have, like when Bella bleeds in biology. Anyway, they can't get it all in! I am excited for the rest of the movies now.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I had to post this little video clip of Micah snoring. My husband rarely ever snores but my oldest and youngest sons can out snore any grown man. Micah always complains when Ben falls asleep before him because the snoring is so loud, little does he know that he snores even louder! Their poor future wives, this is what they're in store for...
Monday, December 8, 2008
Ben always sleeps pretty well.
My poor sickies, Jake was still fine at this point.
Friday, December 5, 2008
I'm so glad our huge tub gets used, even if it isn't by me!
My boys always like to put on mommy's or daddy's deodorant.
I thought it was so cute that Jacob was helping Ben with his application, what a good brother!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
On November 4th Micah turned 8. He has gotten so tall and looks like such a big kid now. Micah says in about 4 years he'll be taller than me, he's probably right. He's doing very well in school and is a very unique individual with very distinct characteristics. He is the best brother I have ever known of too. On November 7th Micah got to have a friends party. We did crafts, had pizza and played some games. He really wanted me to make him a castle cake that looked like Hogwarts. I did my best. His friend Ethan got him some toys and he and Jacob and Micah used them to decorate the cake. They had lots of fun and did a really great job.
Some of Micah's friends, and Uncle Brent in the background at the piano. It was a dress up party.