Saturday, February 28, 2009

One good picture, that's all I need!

My mom's 55th birthday was on Monday and times being what they are we didn't have the extra money to spend. My mom means a lot to me and I really wanted to give her something special and wonderful and 100% free. Not many things fit that catergory. The one thing I could think of was a picture of my kids. She loves them and they her. I am really not a good photographer and I don't have a great camera, but I really did do my best. I turned our coffee table on it's side in front of the sliding glass door and threw a lavender sheet over it and plopped the kids down in front of it. The dog wanted to be in the picture, and the kids wanted him too, so, he was. Peyton on the other hand did not. I had my sister giving her pieces of ice and candy (she loves ice and of course candy too) just to get her to at least stay there, forget the smile, I dont even care. There were a few decent pictures, mostly because I emphasized how important it was to me and if they loved Nana Paula they would just smile and do what I asked of them. It worked well enough, I did some tweaking in photoshop to help it a little and it looked very cute in a silver frame that my mom had. I also cooked dinner for the family at my parents and everyone said it was good, I hope so! I have a great mom and I'm glad she is such a part of my families life.

I LOVE YOU MOM, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

11 comments:

Scrapally said...

That is adorable Kelly! you did a great job! I'm sure your mom loves it...

Grandma Honey said...

I don't know just what you did with photo shop and this picture, but it looks GREAT. Very classy. I love the black and white color except for the jeans and Peyton's dress. Creative you are!!

Cristy said...

That is so cute! What a wonderful idea! Mom's always love pic's of their favorite people!!

Melissa said...

That is a great picture! The kids all look adorable and they are all smiling! I think your gift was a success!

Pollock Palooza said...

I love it! I love that you had to yell at them to get it too:) I can relate to that more:)

The Smith Family said...

Cute picture Kelly! I'm impressed! I need to play with photoshop...I stink at photography!:)

Whittaker Woman said...

look at your sweet babies... SO sweet. H

Linda said...

That is a picture that any grandmother would love. It is beautiful, but then so are your kids.

Caleen said...

oh, kelly.. this picture turned
out soo cute.. You did a great job
and I am sure you're Mother was very Happy.. You are a special Daughter.

Luna said...

Awesome picture. Way to go Mama!

Unknown said...

Awesome picture !! And cute kids !! Good Job !!