100 Things about Me!!!
1. I LOVE Disneyland. I love it so much that we went there for 3 days for our honeymoon. Now I would kind of like to go somewhere romantic, maybe exotic even.
2. I love to have my hands and my head massaged.
3. I always share too much information and ask too many questions and put my foot in my mouth on a regular basis. Since being married to Tyler who is the exact opposite (other than putting his foot in his mouth occasionally) I have gotten much better.
4. When Tyler and I first met we didn’t think much of each other. He thought I was about 17 years old (I was 20) and I thought he was the same, It annoyed me that he would come to University ward before serving a mission (he actually had served a mission, he was 22).
5. I love food. All kinds of food. I am not a picky eater. I don’t like shrimp, that’s about it. I love soft warm cookies, oreos, white cake with white frosting, chocolate cake (All American Chocolate Cake from Costco is a winner), snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie. Ok, I could go on and on about food, I’ll stop now.
6. I too am a list girl, I am a freak about lists. They help me remember all I need to do and if I don’t give myself too many things they give me the freedom to do something I want to do without feeling guilty. I sometime add things to my lists like, play superheroes with Ben. I do that because it is something that I know I should do that I don’t really like doing. I would much rather read him books, color, play games, etc. Playing superheroes is really hard for me.
7. I really love reading. Sometimes I have to not pick up another book when I finish one so I can give myself time to do other things. I like fantasy, historical fiction, romance. Some of my favorites are the Twilight Series, Fable Haven, Harry Potter, Hearts of the Children, Children of the Promise, Faith of our Fathers, Fire of the Covenant, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so many!
Some of my favorite Authors, Nicholas Sparks, Anita Stansfield, Michelle Ashman Bell, Dean Koontz, some more I can’t think of right now!
8. I love seeing my children’s testimonies grow, seeing them grasping the things they are learning, the things we are teaching them. I love the light in their eyes when I can tell that they feel the Holy Ghost.
9. I love flavored chocolate, fruity flavors are especially nice, like a Chocolate Orange. I also like Sees candy; the ones with the fruity filled centers are the best. I used to hate dark chocolate, not anymore. Dark chocolate is kind of nice because it is better for you and I can’t eat very much of it!
10. I am the only member of the church in my family other than my dad, who Tyler was baptized for by proxy. I have a goal in the future to really dig in and get tons of temple work for my family done. In the near future I want to get the temple work for my Mom’s parents done. My grandma Isabell passed away in June of 2005, 3 weeks after my son Ben was born. My grandpa Louie passed away February 15th of last year. Ben’s middle name is Louis, after him.
11. I love when my kids decide to do things on their own. A few months ago when I was huge pregnant and not feeling well, Jacob got Ben out of the bath and dressed him all on his own. He put his diaper on him, his undershirt, socks shoes, tie, the works (it was Sunday) I love when they really want to help and do something nice without being prompted or expecting something in return.
12. I love to sing. I sing pretty badly, I have gotten better, but you won’t hear me singing a solo at church, or even singing in the choir any time soon. I love listening to music but Tyler and the kids aren’t big fans, so I don’t get to listen to it that often. My ipod is much loved for that reason though. I can listen to music and no one else has to hear it, but they may hear me singing!
13. I am so grateful and amazed that I get to be a stay at home mom. I was always told that it wasn’t a realistic goal; I needed a job that made money, these days it takes two working parents you know.
14. I used to love scary movies, now I won’t watch them anymore. My sister in law Marcia made a comment about things that take the spirit away, I wish I could remember what is was exactly that she said, but it made sense to me. Scary movies don’t make me feel the spirit, that’s for sure.
15. I am extremely anal about some things. For example; I have 4 kids now. I insist that they each have their picture taken professionally at birth, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2 yrs, 3 yrs, and so on. Each child has a baby’s 1st year frame, for the months that their picture is not taken professionally, I have to have a regular photo of them as close to the mark as possible. They also each have a frame for a school picture for every year from Kindergarten till senior year. I did get these frames at the dollar store, and I use the portrait package every time for professional pics, so I rarely spend more than the $7.99 fee, and when I do, it’s not much more! I also do a handprint in that white stuff at one year; I forgot what it’s called right now. You get the picture. We also have to get the kids picture taken with Santa every year, and not just any Santa, the real one that comes to The Sierra Vista mall.
16. I love to go on dates, I wish I could say that we are good about going every week, but I can’t. With the price of a babysitter it just can’t be done right now. We do try to spend special time together each week though. Even if it’s just to watch a movie or an episode of The Brady Bunch or Leave it to Beaver together after the kids have gone to bed. I love going out to dinner though, and interactive things like miniature golf or something are my favorite.
17. I have a very short temper and I hate that about me. I am too quick to yell when the kids don’t listen to me and then I get mad when they yell. It often causes me to feel very inadequate as a mother, especially an LDS mother. My number one personal goal is always to not yell, and to follow through the discipline rules we have set. I want to always handle things with a gentle voice and calm demeanor, I fall short on that a lot.
18. I love overcast and rainy days, I love the cold. I like being able to have warm blankets on me during the night. I also like the house dark, windows shut.
19. I love anything crafty, something I can produce on my own. I often find a great project and make tons and give it as a gift. Things that look like they could be store bought, not stuff like macaroni necklaces!
20. My dad died when I was 10, we were really close and that was hard on me. He shot himself and that made it even worse. I felt like he let me down, like he didn’t love me enough to stick it out. It also made it embarrassing to tell people when they asked what happened to my dad.
21. I love to have people over for dinner and things like that but don’t do it often enough. I stress out about having the house perfect, I do that all the time, but when we are having people over I am really bad. I am getting better, or trying to get better and let things go.
22. I hate talking on the phone but I will talk for a long time if it’s someone I don’t get to talk to often and like talking to. I like getting together with other mom’s and talking about stuff we have in common.
23. I love my house to be clean and everything in it’s place, but I hate that it sometimes rules me. I feel like I can’t do other things, like scrapbook or play with my kids unless it’s done, so I fight that on a daily basis. That’s where my lists come in, I have to do what’s on the list, and no more. If I schedule time with my kids, it gets done. I make sure not to give myself too many chores and then I have time to spend with my kids, and sometimes time to get on the computer or scrapbook.
24. I love when my kids want to cuddle, I love reading to them and having them compete for a spot on my lap.
25. I like to shop therapeutically. Sometimes I just feel like buying things. I don’t spend very much money; Tyler takes care of that part. When I feel the need to spend I try to stay away from the stores or limit myself to things that we “need” You know, stuff I can justify buying.
26. I love hand me downs!!!
27. I love scrapbooking but have started to feel that it has become a chore. I was scrapbooking all of our pictures, I mean all of them, and getting very far behind. I am now doing less, just the special pictures and the really cute ones! It is going to be fun again!
28. My two favorite flowers are roses and Gerber daisies, and I have recently discovered camellias, I think that’s what they are called, they look a lot like roses. I like having flowers in the house but rarely do. Since telling Tyler that LeGrand gets Becca flowers a lot I think I may see some soon!
29. I love cooking, but hate it too. It is so hard with all the interruptions and planning. I wish I could just make a list of the things I want to make and have someone go get all the stuff for me, and then when I’m ready to cook it, someone to keep the kids at bay!
30. Tyler is really thoughtful and pays attention really well to all the things that I am interested in. He may not surprise me with flowers, but he over does the gifts for me at every occasion and often surprises me with a good book.
31. On that note, I love getting gifts, forget the gift cards, I like honest to goodness gifts. Having a baby shower was a blast. I loved opening all those girlie things
32. I hate to hear my kids complain when I ask them to do something, especially when they say they have to do everything. Um, hello, That’s exactly how I feel, I do have to do everything!
33. I love movies. I like sappy chick flicks and silly movies too. I even like those high school movies, one of my favorites is the new Freaky Friday. Nacho Libre, Napoleon Dynamite, 3 amigos, those are some good silly movies.
34. I like riding bikes. I can’t wait until our whole family can go together. Micah and Jacob are great on their bikes now, 2 wheelers, no training wheels. Ben can ride in the bike carriage, so we are just waiting on Peyton to be able to sit up so I can strap her in there with Ben!
35. I love playing games, all kinds of games. I don’t like Monopoly or Scrabble, but since those are two of Tyler’s favorite I’ll play them because I love him so much!
36. I love being a mom. I think it’s great that I have 3 boys, everyone is like, “Wow, 3 boys, what a handful!” So that’s fun. I also love having a girl. I really wanted a girl, and now that I have one I realize I wanted one more than I even knew!
37. I often get this nagging feeling that I want to move to Utah. I think it would be great to live amongst so many church members and have so many church related things right at your fingertips. There is so much in Utah that caters to members of the church, you don’t even realize. Mostly though, I often think of how great it would be to live near LeGrand and Becca, seriously. The only thing that holds me back is thinking of my mommy (and the rest of our family too). She really loves the kids and I want them to really know her and be close to her.
38. I love going on family vacations, me Tyler and the kids. The beach is one of my favorites.
39. I don’t like being dirty. I have to take a shower everyday, even when I’m sick, I have to get up and shower.
40. I have a wonderful marriage. I thought I loved Tyler when we got married, and I did, but compared to how I feel about him now, that was baby stuff! I feel so blessed to have a husband that is loving and faithful and provides so well for us and is accepting of me and my many flaws and can even say honestly that he is still attracted to me.
41. I want to be the mom that all the kids friends like and want to be at our house.
42. I like being able to get our kids things we never got but hate them expecting things.
43. I love how smart my kids are. I love Micah keeping us in line!
44. I love when my kids tell me I look pretty.
45. I love to dance!
46. I want to have great yards, we’re working on it, starting with the front. I want them to look good and be fun too.
47. I would love to win a shopping spree somewhere, or a bunch of prizes on a game show.
49. I want to get completely out of debt, stay there and build a 3 month savings!
50. I love when Ben comes to me and asks for help because he has boogies. He used to refuse to pick his own nose and always wanted me to do it. He still askes for help though. Sometimes he comes to me and says “here mommy” and hands me a booger.
51. I am a very emotional person. I am easily affected by other people’s tragedies; I can’t watch the news because of this.
52. I love the book I keep with all the funny and cute and profound things my kids say. I think they are smarter and more spiritual than I was when I was a kid.
53. I love going to the gym and listening to an audio book on my ipod while I exercise. I love my spinning class. I can’t wait to go back to the gym.
54. I wish I would have been able to experience natural childbirth at least once, I had all four children by c-section and I will always wonder what natural childbirth is like.
55. I have gotten very good at enjoying the stages of life that we are in and relishing every moment with my kids because they grow so fast. I know I will be sad when they are all big kids and all in school, but I know there will be wonderful things about every stage of life. I look forward to being able to take the whole family to Disneyland, stuff like that.
56. I am so not fashionable. I want to be, but I feel guilty spending money on clothes for me and my size is forever changing right now. Now that I am done having kids I look forward to losing weight and staying the same size after that. Eventually I would like to dress more stylishly, for now, I’ll have to settle with whatever fits me!
57. I love old fashions, especially the 30’s 40’s and 50’s. I often wish those styles would come back in full force, or that I lived in one of those eras, except for modern medicine and modern conveniences, I’m glad I live in the time I do!
58. I want to do the kinds of things with my family that my parents did with me growing up. We had very little money, so we went camping a lot in the summer and did snow trips in the winter, lake trips, and beach trips. Those were some of the best times and I want to do more of that with my own family.
59. I would love to do a huge church history trip with the family. I have always wanted to go to New York, and that would be a great way to do both!
60. I am guilty of over lecturing my kids. I wish I could just keep it simple so they could retain and understand it, but I go on and on and on, because I want them to get it! It doesn’t work, but I keep doing it.
61. I love to hear my children laughing and playing together.
62. I love seeing Tyler in action as a father, reading every Sunday out of The Friend to the kids with them on his lap, rocking Peyton and talking to her and feeding her a bottle, him jumping with them on the tramp, etc.
63. I love swimming, In high school I was on the swim team. I love just putting on a cap and goggles and going as fast as I can. I also love summer days when we swim and play pool games together as a family and eat outside, picnic style food, fruit and salads, stuff like that.
64. I hate being short and having big feet. I wouldn’t mind being short if I was petite and had cute little feet. Being short is even worse when you are pregnant. I could never reach the shelves I always used to be able to reach because my belly stuck out so far and I had to have Tyler put some stuff away like sheets and dishes.
65. I would love to see everything that is in the ocean and the lake. I used to have fantasies about draining the ocean and being able to go through everything. I wouldn’t want the animals to die of course, but I’d love to see it all.
66. I have a fear of swimming in the ocean; I used to do it as a kid, now I get freaked out. I would like to go snorkeling in clear water where I can see everything. I am afraid of jellyfish too. My mom got stung by one as a kid.
67. I love having freshly shaven legs. From the time I started shaving until a few years after I was married I never missed a day shaving them except for when I was in swimming and we would let them grow out a little and then shave them right before a race (part of the drag). I now have to skip a few days sometimes because they get razor burn now for some reason.
68. When people hear that a have a short temper and a yelling problem they don’t believe it because they say I am so mellow and easygoing.
69. I love to have a place for everything and everything in its place. The house being dusty doesn’t bug me as much as a messy house, and the whole house looks better with just a quick vacuum.
70. I always do the dishes right away and keep the flow of the dishwasher going because I agree with Becca, there is nothing worse than a sink full of dirty dishes. It really irritates me when I find dishes in the sink that have not even been rinsed. If you aren’t going to put your dishes in the dishwasher at least rinse them! Since the boys can’t reach the sink they just have to bring them up to the counter for now.
71. I love to get new craft ideas and learn how to do them.
72. I have always wanted to know more about quilting and be able to make one of those cute denim quilts from old jeans where some of the squares have the back pockets on them.
73. I love home improvement shows and projects. We have a lot of ideas that we eventually want to do. I would love to be able to lay tile and install wood floors.
74. When I was about five months pregnant with Peyton I sanded and painted my grandparents old bedroom furniture and then antiqued it. I moved it in and out all by myself, big heavy solid wood furniture. It turned out beautiful and I am so glad I took that project on, it really made the room!
75. I basically grew up as an only child and because of that have always wanted a big family. I had a step sister that would come over every other weekend and that was the best, I always wished that she lived with us.
76. My step sister, Dara, and I would take baths together when we were younger. We had sliding glass doors that we would pretend were whale teeth. We were mermaids trapped inside a whale and we would wash his teeth. We would stay in the bath for more than 3 hours sometimes playing. I was very imaginative as a child.
77. I quit working when I was 3 months pregnant with my first baby. All the girls at work were shocked. They said I would get bored and come back to work. I haven’t been back yet and it has been almost 8 years!
78. I have a very addictive personality. When I find something I like it takes hold. I have to pull myself away from things so they don’t take over. It can be anything from a craft project to a book to a TV show.
79. I hate grocery shopping. It isn’t too bad if I just take Ben with me, he is my shopping buddy, but I hate unloading all the groceries and trying to find a place for them all.
80. I love my calling in young women (2nd counselor) but I really hate teaching lessons!
81. I get very angry when I see people smoking around children, especially in a vehicle with a child. I was so happy when they passed the law in California that makes it illegal to smoke in a vehicle with a child present.
82. Some of my favorite restaurants are...Cheesecake factory, Red Robin, Broilers, Madonna Inn (for filet mignon), Claim Jumper (for filet mignon).
83. I love staying at the cabin in Shaver with my family.
84. I am afraid of the dark.
85. I'm glad people notice that I like to keep my house clean. I also want to be admired for something more substantial that really means something. I want to be a person that everyone likes and thinks, wow, Kelly, she is such a good and loyal friend, or she always puts others before herself! So, I need to work on being a better person in general.
86. Christmas is probably my favorite holiday, I love the spirit of Christmas, I love the lights, the decorations, how I feel close to my Savior and we are constantly reminded of his birth. I love all of the holiday traditions that we have.
87. I like Valentine’s Day. I think it is good to celebrate love for one another spontaneously throughout the year, but I love that there is a day set aside to make sure we focus on it!
88. I am easily overwhelmed lately and have taken to making everyone in the family help clean up the house. It has become one of the best things for me. The kids hate it, but it is amazing how much can get done in just a short amount of time with so many hands helping.
89. I love to be home. I don't like to be over scheduled with too many activities.
90. I love having people bring in dinners and take one or more of the kids to help out, or have someone help with cleaning or laundry. I like when they just do it because when I am asked if I need it, I always have to say no. Technically, I don’t need it, but it is so, so helpful!
91.I sometimes miss my mom and want to just hang out with her and me and no one else. I love chatting with her and I really appreciate her advice and her parenting suggestions.
92. I relish time all to myself but rarely ever get it. Sometimes when Tyler goes out of town I stay up way to late so I can have “me time” After the first night or two I really just want him home because I miss him.
93. I love when parents plan cute parties for their kids but I hate doing it and the cost of it. I wish I was a better party planner.
94. Physically I wish I was 40-50 lbs lighter, I wish I didn’t have so much hanging skin on my tummy that can only be fixed by surgery and I wish my bottom teeth were straight. Right now, I would be pretty happy just being thinner. I know I just had a baby and all that, but I put on so much weight during pregnancy and it literally takes me more than a year to get it off. I never lose weight while I’m nursing either.
95. I love attention from Tyler, when I can tell he is feeling more in love with me than usual and he really wants to be with me more than anything else.
96. I’m not a big shopper, unless it’s on a good deal. So that would probably explain why I could spend more money at a store on the CLEARANCE racks, or at DI or at Wal-Mart than just going to the mall. I think if I had an endless supply of money I would be quite the shopper.
97. I am afraid of dying young, before my kids are grown and them having another mother. When I was pregnant with Peyton I was really afraid I was going to die. I was so afraid that I actually really thought I was going to die.
98. I hate when my kids are sick or hurt but I love taking care of them and reassuring and cuddling them.
99. We have not had cable for several years now, and although I would love to have it, I fear it would just be another thing that would make me have to work harder at having a balanced life.
100. I love technology and knowing how to use it. I don’t like the learning part, but once I know how to do it I love it!