Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm a shlumpadinka!

I'm one of those people that has to do a few things at a time, at least when it comes to certain things. For example; ironing, folding laundry, nursing, things like that, I always have to do something else, like watch tv, listen to an audio book, read, etc. Anyway, While Peyton and I were hanging out yesterday afternoon I happened to catch a bit of Oprah (we don't have cable, so I end up watching things I may not normally choose, she can be pretty good sometimes though)and I learned that I am a shlumpadinka. A shlumpadinka? you may ask. It is someone that has just given up on themselves pretty much, you can tell by the way they dress. They wear things like sweat pants and big t-shirts and tennis shoes for regular wear, not just exercising. At one point in the show she said, "You know, you're sitting there watching this in the same sweats you wore yesterday." At that moment my head popped up because of course, I was sitting there wearing the same exercise pants I was wearing the day before! All of the pants I can wear right now are elastic waisted, I don't even know what size I am other than large or extra large. If I were to buy an actual size I have no clue what it would even be, an 18? I don't know, I don't think I want to know! So anyway, I am going to be a Shlumpadinka for a few more months, and that is just how it's gonna be.

1 comment:

Janelle Ehat said...

There are some people that look amazing no matter what size they are and Kelly... YOU are one of those people! Shlumpadinka or not! Gorgeous, I say!